[GRASS-user] Adding MySQL to 6.2.1, fedora core 6

Hamner, Jesse Harrison jhamner at emory.edu
Tue May 15 00:16:51 EDT 2007

Hi David,

If you already have the dependencies installed, you'll just have to tell grass where they are with a configure script file and recompile the binary from source.

I use mysql extensively with GRASS and have found that it plays nice with GRASS on Linux and Mac OS X pretty much all the time.

Here's one grass configure script I use (the other compiles support for lapack and blas), but as always, note your libraries and includes may be installed elsewhere, or the libraries listed below may not be installed on your system. Once you run this file, a -make- and a -make install- are all that's required. then execute the file from the command line with something like

grass62 -text

or the like.

I don't use RedHat/Fedora/CentOS (preferring the exquisite torture that is Gentoo), but if you've got the dependencies installed, you shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck.

Jesse

#!/bin/bash
source /etc/profile
make distclean

# CFLAGS="-g -O3 -march=pentium4 -Wall"

 ./configure --with-cxx \
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --with-x \
--with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config \
--with-proj-includes=/usr/include --with-proj-libs=/usr/lib --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
--with-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql --with-mysql-libs=/usr/lib/mysql \
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/include --with-opengl-libs=/usr/lib \
--with-readline --with-readline-includes=/usr/include --with-readline-libs=/usr/lib \
--with-fftw --with-fftw-libs=/usr/lib --with-fftw-includes=/usr/include \
--with-motif --with-motif-includes=/usr/include/openmotif-2.2 --with-motif-libs=/usr/lib/openmotif-2.2 \
--with-freetype --with-freetype-libs=/usr/lib/ --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \