[GRASS-user] Polygon2Point

Salvator*eL*arosa s_larosa at libero.it
Wed May 23 09:50:43 EDT 2007

hajhouse wrote:

> På 2007-05-22, skrev Salvator*eL*arosa:
>>
>> hi,
>> i need a little help!
>> How can to export a point shapefile from a polygon layer in Grass
>> (Convert
>> Polygon2Point)?
>> So, i can have in table (point file) all informations of the layer
>> polygon
>> table!
>>
>> Sorry my english!
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> In GRASS terminology polygons can be lines, boundaries, or areas (when
> conbined with a centroid [= center point]). So assuming you have areas
> and you want to export just the centroids, I believe something like:
>
> v.type type=centroid,point in=mymap out=mymap_converted
> v.out.ogr in=mymap_converted dsn=myshapefile.shp
>
> would meet your needs.

Thank u for reply!

Unfortunately it doesn't work, yet. It export always shp polygon!
I need of a point shapefile!

However, I have resolved in different way.....
exporting in ASCII text file the coordinates of the centroids
and then importing it in QGIS with "delimited text", but without
attributes.

bye