[GRASS-user] Re: v.append in GRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 25 13:45:37 EDT 2007

Martin,

This script was written as a temporary work around for early versions of
GRASS not being able to append attribute data with v.patch. It is no longer
needed in current versions of GRASS, because v.patch has been enhanced to do
this much better than the v.append script did.

Update to the current version of GRASS (6.2.1 stable or 6.3 development).
Along with a better v.patch, there have been many improvements that will
help you with your research.

Michael

On 5/25/07 10:35 AM, "Martin Besta" <martin.besta at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear Professor Barton,
> I am a student at the Universtity of Live Sciences in Prague, and
> momentally I am engaged in work with GRASS GIS. I am an absolute
> beginner in Linux and Grass and so have a supplication to you. I
> discovered in internet your add-on to GRASS v.append script.
> Unfortunately I am not able to run this script ( missing experiences).
> And because I need to use this module soon for my thesis. I want to ask
> you for some  help. I have GRASS 6.0.1 and UBUNTU 7.04 on my computer.
> Pleas apologize my horrible English.
> Best Regards
> Martin Besta

Arizona State University