[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii don't work

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 29 11:34:47 EDT 2007

Emmanuel,

Here are some ideas

Is the region correct? That is, do these coordinates occur in your region
(check extents and resolution using g.region -gp or directly from the menu)?

Are the end of line/carriage return characters correct? You are on a Linux
system which ought to produce the correct ones, but it's worth checking.

Try a different field separator. Try a comma.

Change your column  names. Using "nul" and/or "val" could be problematic

Michael

On 5/29/07 2:07 AM, "Poizot Emmanuel" <poizot at cnam.fr> wrote:

> gary a écrit :
>> When I had a similar problem, I ended up using csv file from a
>> spreadsheet as the input file.
>>
>> Otto Dassau wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> for me (GRASS 6.3cvs) the import of your test data works, the syntax is
>>> correct. Maybe you need to check your test.txt for <space> values in

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671