[GRASS-user] Rsun problems

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at ing.unitn.it
Thu May 31 03:10:48 EDT 2007

Hi list,
I am trying to use r.sun and have some problems understanding the results.
If I want the total irradiation in a specified day then I have to select
the option 2. In this case I obtain the following maps:
- beam_rad: irradiation raster file
- insol_time: insolation raster map
- diff_rad: irradiation raster map
- refl_rad: irradiation raster map

So I don't understand a few things... :-(
- where does GRASS save the irradiation raster file?
- what is the difference between the diff_rad irradiation raster map and
the refl_rad irradiation raster map.
- I noticed that I have a raster map created with the name of the
beam_rad "file", so I think in this case GRASS makes a raster and not a
file, but what do these values means?
- which of these maps created whit the command gives to me the total
radiation for the day? maybe I have to sum some of them but I don't
understand which of them to take into account.

Thanks for help and sorry for my English...

Silvia