No subject

Wed Nov 14 14:03:15 EST 2007

    * Linux: a free Unix system for 386 machines

     Linux (named after its main author, Linus Torvalds) is a free Unix clone
     that implements POSIX.1 functionality with SysV and BSD extensions.
     Linux has been written from scratch and contains no proprietary code.
     Many of the utilities and libraries are GNU Project software.  Linuxe
     currently runs only on 386/486/Pentium machines, with ISA/EISA/PCI-bus
     machines, but a port to the m68k family is in early alpha testing (it
     currently only runs on high end Amiga computers).  Linux is freely
     re-distributable and available via anonymous FTP from `tsx-11.mit.edu'
     in `/pub/linux' (USA) & `nic.funet.fi' in `/pub/OS/Linux' (Europe).

     the USENET newsgroups, such as `comp.os.linux.misc', for discussions.

   * Debian GNU/Linux

     Debian GNU/Linux is a complete, full-featured system based on GNU and
     Linux that is easy to install and configure.  It was initially created
     by Ian Murdock and has grown into an open and distributed project in
     which everyone is welcome to directly participate.  Debian is available
     from `sunsite.unc.edu' in `/pub/Linux/distributions/debian'.  For more
     information about the Debian project and how to get involved, see
     `/pub/Linux/distributions/debian/info'.

Also...

   * New GNU Column in New Linux Magazine
        WWW: `http://www.pooh.com/'
     Arnold Robbins, `arnold at gnu.ai.mit.edu', a long-time volunteer for the
     GNU project, is the author of "What's GNU?", a regular column in the new
     monthly magazine `Linux Journal'.  The column discusses the GNU project,
     its software and other interesting free software.  It is available from
     the publishers of `Linux Journal'.  Contact Arnold or Phil Hughes,
     `phil at fylz.com', the publisher of `Linux Journal' for more information.

Maybe you would have some luck on your own with the "free" sources of Linux,
but I would read/respond to the the linux groups/lists for advice/help first.

Plan:
               Building Happy Healthy Environments For Al!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
T. Turner, FSF Fundraiser &               Free Software Foundation (FSF)
FSF/Project GNU Volunteer                 675 Massachusetts Avenue
545 Tech Square, Room 426                 Cambridge, MA    02139-3309
Cambridge, MA 02139                       Voice:      +1 617 876 3296
Voice:   +1  617 253 8568                 Facsimile:  +1 617 492 9057
Internet: tturner at gnu.ai.mit.edu          Internet: gnu at prep.ai.mit.edu

                  ***    ***********************     ***
                *****   *****    PROJECT    *****   *****
                *****   *****    G     U    *****   *****
                 ****   *****       N       *****   *****
                 ****   *****  TEN     !!!  *****    ***
                 ****   *****     YEARS     *****     *
                ******  *************************    ***
                ******   ***********************      *

                       *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
                       I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I
               @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
               @ H A P P Y  1 0 th  A N N I V E R S I T Y @
               @ ^ ^ R  @@@@@@@   @@@    @@@  @@@     @@@ @
               @ * * O @@@@   @@  @@@@   @@@  @@@     @@@ @
               @  |  J @@@        @@@@@  @@@  @@@     @@@ @
               @     E @@@  @@@@  @@@ @@ @@@  @@@     @@@ @
               @ \_/ C @@@@  @@@  @@@  @@@@@  @@@     @@@ @
               @ Free Software Foundation:   617 876 3296 @
               @ 675 Mass. Avenue     Fax:   617 492 9057 @
               @ Cambridge, MA 02139  gnu at prep.ai.mit.edu @
           For the full GNUsletter ask tturner at gnu.ai.mit.edu
                 Copyleft :-) 1994 Turner Internet Posts
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
FSF PROJECT GNU  *  TEN YEARS BUILDING OPEN SYSTEMS  *  MADE GOOD AND FREE