[GRASS-user] How to interpolate a gps trackpoint-"cloud" into a raster DTM

opopanax oopopanaxx at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 2 10:26:29 EDT 2007

Hi List,
I have two ascii files with points:

way points:
#N|E|Height|name
4416857|5359613|411|040
4416926|5359382|419|041
4416572|5358196|431|042

and track points:
#N|E|Height
4416930|5360187|407
4416921|5360166|408
4416914|5360153|409
4416900|5360127|409

I imported them with v.in.ascii to vector layers

cat tp.csv | v.in.ascii -z z=3 cat=0 out=tp_point01 columns='x double, y
double, z double'

cat wp.csv | v.in.ascii -z z=3 cat=0 out=wp_point01 columns='x double, y
double, z double,label_name varchar(20)'

Now first I want to interpolate them to raster files
I used
v.to.rast *p_point01 o=*p_p01_ras  u=z
I couldn't keep the label 'name' in way points but I don't care.

So how to hull the outer points in one area/mask to interpolate only the
inner area
( I want to integrate this area in another DTM with r.mapcalc afterwards)
I read about a command named s.hull but there are no site - 's.' -
commands in my version (6.2.2 cvs on Ubuntu)

And which command may the best to interpolate the model?
r.surf.???

Thx a lot for hints

Om shantih
Philipp