[GRASS-user] vector map

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Nov 3 05:08:55 EDT 2007

Hi!

If you want to load a raster as a background (for example) do:

1. d.mon x? (with this you start an "x"-monitor --- Where ? substitute with
a number 0,1,2,3,...)
2. Load a specific raster with d.rast "name-of-raster-file"
3. Use v.digit now and run the "digitising" dialog.

Shouldn't be so difficult as it looks like.

In any case, it is recommended, from my small experience, to read the help
for the respective command you want yo use (e.g. man v.digit).