[GRASS-user] More QUESTIONS !?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Nov 4 04:24:26 EST 2007

Please excuse me for my "poor" descriptions before.

The kinf of "Link" tool:
ENVI, and ERDAS as well, provide a "Link" tool with which one can open,
side-by-side, images of the same region and while panning, zooming or
resizing one of the images, these actions are automatically mirrored to the
othe image.

Why is this useful:
I provide a (small) screenshot to illustrate my need (!). In this example I
try to visually interpret the land cover on the image which is on the right
(it is a SPOT4 acquisition). To support this task, whenever it is difficult
to recognize something, I use the orthophotos (in my screenshot located on
the left side). The tool is capable to link multiple images with the same or
different resolution, with the pre-condition that they are georeferenced

(In this example the object of interest is a small football(soccer!)
stadium... !)

.
Again... I am just putting questions... I think, in most cases, asking
doesn't hurt.
Is there an alternative way to replace this method (supporting a visual
interpretation with ancillary data)? Would it be very difficult to implement
something like that?

Thank you,
Nikos.