[GRASS-user] More QUESTIONS !?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 5 04:39:05 EST 2007

On 04/11/07 10:24, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Please excuse me for my "poor" descriptions before.
>
> The kinf of "Link" tool:
> ENVI, and ERDAS as well, provide a "Link" tool with which one can open,
> side-by-side, images of the same region and while panning, zooming or
> resizing one of the images, these actions are automatically mirrored to the
> othe image.

[...]

> Is there an alternative way to replace this method (supporting a visual
> interpretation with ancillary data)? Would it be very difficult to implement
> something like that?

There is no such linking tool in GRASS. However, what you can do (in the
GIS Manager) is zoom to your desired region in one window, then (in the
Map Display window)  "Set current region to match display". You can then
"Zoom to current region" in the other Map Display windows.

Or if you work with old-style monitors, zoom to desired region in one
monitor, then 'd.mon select' & 'd.redraw' in the others.

Moritz