[GRASS-user] NVIZ and 3D polygon

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 14 00:56:46 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:29 PM, aswin indraprastha wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Since I had trouble configuring grass 6.3.0RC1 in curses library,
> This is the log regards to curses :
> ==================
> configure:5401: checking whether to use Curses
> configure:5420: checking for curses.h
> configure:5428: gcc -E   conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:5459: checking curses.h WINDOW structure component
> configure:5471: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c 1>&5
> configure: In function 'main':
> configure:5467: error: 'WINDOW' has no member named 'maxy'
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 5462 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <curses.h>
> int main() {
> WINDOW w; w.maxy = 0;
> ; return 0; }

This appears to be normal for OSX - happens for me also.  Probably
harmless.

> configure:5489: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:5505: checking for initscr in -lncurses
> configure:5522: gcc -o conftest.dSYM -g -O2     conftest.c -
> lncurses   1>&5
> error: Not a directory - unable to create 'conftest.dSYM/Contents'
> bundle directory.
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 5511 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
> /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
>    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
> char initscr();
> int main() {
> initscr()
> ; return 0; }

Something is very wrong here.  "conftest.dSYM" is wrong (it should be
"conftest.c" like all the other tests), and I'm afraid that I have no
idea where that is coming from.  If you are re-configuring after the
previous unsuccessful build, try "make distclean" and then running
configure - there may be junk left over from before.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro