[GRASS-user] MODIS HDF conversion in TIF tool.

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 14 08:13:23 EST 2007

O.K.

I am doing a work in which I plan to use open-source and cost-free
applications. I don't plan to make an "advertisement" in order to create
the potential for making money one way or another...  ! Though, I prefer
not to share my personal details (what I work for, how, where) just
because I think it is off-topic to "advertise" in a way myself in this
list.

I consider that the long-term benefits for everyone, when people share
information and knowledge, are better. And I think there is still room
to work and get payed so you can live.

Hope this makes things clear with respect to Stallman's famous
expression off  "free beer".

What is important for me is to do a work with non-commercial tools so
one can repeat the process without the need to obtain a license for
commercial software. People around the world could benefit using GRASS
(which is a serious scientific tool) and in time, I am sure,  many will
give their feedback.

.

Abe Taaheri wrote to me that he could give the code if I really need it.
The fact is that I am not an experienced programmer and I wouldn't do
much with it. So I though, if Abe really means to provide the code, then
maybe some other people (like example GRASS developers) would be
interested, or maybe not. I just wanted to share this information.

.

So,

any help is always welcome...

...this is why I try to learn GRASS and give, sooner or later, my (small
though) contribution to the GRASS community.

Cheers,

Nikos.