[GRASS-user] import e00? sorry for repeat topic, but...

Brandon M. Gabler bgabler at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:19:25 EST 2007

Thanks Michael,

I've imported lots of shapefiles by simply selecting the *.shp file
as the data source; does your method produce a different result (such
as transferring metadata, etc. to the GRASS directories)? I had
always understood that for the *.shp vectors, GRASS just needed the
*.shp file.

I'll try the *.hdr import with r.in.gdal as well; that would save a
step and eliminate the need for Arc on my system!

Brandon

_______________________
Brandon M. Gabler
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: (520) 621-8455
Fax: (520) 621-2088
bgabler at email.arizona.edu

"Who? When? Whither? are the questions with which the archaeologist
challenges the refuse heaps, scattered potsherds, and broken shafts,
to tell of the builders who came and lived and went their way into
the templed past." -- Edgar Lee Hewett, in Pajarito Plateau and its
Ancient People, 1938