[GRASS-user] Grass 6.3 Mac - r.patch parse error

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 22 19:11:22 EST 2007

Hi,

There seems to be a parse error of some kind in Grass-6.3.cvs, William
Kyngsbury build,  running under OSX. The most recent install I
downloaded is in the file GRASS-6.3-070913.zip.

When working with a Web Mapping Server, Grass downloads a set of tiles
and then patches them. The error happens in the patch process:
ERROR: the minimum number of input maps is two.

I can patch the files manually, but cannot patch them using patterns.
The following command:

r.patch input=`g.mlist pat="*blue" sep=,` out=Perthblue

Produces the same failure.

I think the parsing problem is associated with g.mlist, because trying
to use it for a bulk delete shows it appending the letter "n" into
filenames:

 >Removing raster <Test_2_tile_30_tmp.rednwa_output.red_State_Facilitiesn>

- the file should be *tmp.red followed by wa_output.red.

All operations work under 6.2.1.

Richard