[GRASS-user] Importing Stellite photos from Google Earth or World Wind?

Rainer M Krug Rainer.grass at krugs.de
Thu Nov 29 03:28:36 EST 2007

Hi Shoaib

shoaib wrote:
> Hi there Rainer
>
> I suspect what you want to do may not be permitted under the Google
> Earth license.

That's one of the reasons why I am asking - I know that ArcView 9 has
the facility to do exactly that (but I assume that they have paid for it!).

What about WorldWind? ( http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ )
It os open source and I don't think there would be a licensing problem
if a module would be available in GRASS, which uses the WorldWind data
sources to download a georeferenced satellite image of a selected area.