[GRASS-user] Importing Stellite photos from Google Earth or World Wind?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 04:25:12 EST 2007

Rainer Krug wrote:
> is there a possibility to import stellite photos directly from
> GoogleEarth or WorldWind so that they are georeferenced ? I know about
> importing the satellite picture saved from GoogleEarth and the
> georeferencing it myself, but I would like to avoid that step.

try r.in.wms

http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r.in.wms.html
http://grass.ibiblio.org/screenshots/web.php

The r.in.onearth module (from the wiki addons site) is much simpler to use than
r.in.wms but is hardcoded to only talk to NASA's OnEarth server. (which is
fairly overloaded these days, so be kind to it)

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#Raster_add-ons

Hamish