[GRASS-user] thematic vector map with non-numeric field values

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Nov 30 05:49:38 EST 2007

Hello,
how do I disply a thematic map in GRASS for vector attributes that don't have
numeric values?

I tried d.vect.thematic but it would only accept numeric values.

If I have a vector layer with all communities of a country and a attribute
column with the community name and another column with the name of the
corresponding federal state, how do I display for instance a thematic map with
individual values based on the column with the sate names?

I managed to do this on QGIS. But is it also possible in GRASS itself?

Thanks and kind regards,
Tim