[GRASS-user] field boundary detection with grass gis

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Oct 2 04:32:03 EDT 2007

Hello Peter,

could you tell us which modules you already used?

I had success with generating synthetic channels with
r.texture, then running i.smap on those and the original
data.

Example for RGB orthophoto classification (with low efforts!):
 http://mpa.itc.it/markus/ortho_smap/
Here, we were only interested in a few classes (to investigate
deer presence for accident mitigation)

Markus