[GRASS-user] check pixel by pixel

benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Oct 2 07:41:16 EDT 2007

The GIS raster data model states that each cell contains
one and exactly one value.
That's why raster maps are also called "fields" in spatial
statistics. And it is why raster operations are so simple
and efficient.

ESRI ArcGIS 9.2 (not GRASS) has raster maps with multiple
attribute values attached to each cell -- but that's a
perversion of the entire concept in my opinion.

I am sure there must be a way of dividing your problem into smaller
steps such that you will be able to solve it with the standard
raster model.