[GRASS-user] check pixel by pixel

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Oct 2 08:04:51 EDT 2007

Andruit at gmx.de napisał(a):
> Hi,
> I have several raster maps (aspect, slope, tand_curv etc.). I would like to combine these raster maps to one raster but without losing any information. As a result i would like to have one raster map with several attributes (aspect, slope, tang_curv etc.). And then I would like to check Pixel by Pixel
>
> if slope = steep and aspect = North etc.
> then
> "Value of the checked pixel" + 10
>
> else

> Has anybody done this before? Is it possible to combine several raster maps without losing any information?
>
> Greets
>
> Andreas

Thaw what you described has SpatialGridDataFrame in R. Simply you can
import all raster data to one SGDataFrame and you can do there what you
need.... It seems, becouse I can't understand for what you need 1 file
instead of three or for and use mapcalc for that operation. Simply seems
that mapalgebra (r.mapcalc) it is what you realy need

Jarek