[GRASS-user] strahler

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 06:52:59 EDT 2007

Well, there's v.strahler, but I never had much luck with it. I did got nice
stahler classification using JGrass (http://www.jgrass.org). I remember that
I couldn' t read GRASS rasters directly (although I should), but I managed
to get it working by exporting the raster as an GRASS ASCII, and then in
JGrass, importing and performing the hidrologic modeling. The raster layers
created by JGRASS were immediately available in GRASS.

Carlos

On 10/3/07, ivan marchesini <marchesini at unipg.it> wrote:

> dear users,
> wich is the best way to classify a stream vector network using the
> horton strahler method in grass...???
>
> thank you very much....
>

> Ivan
>

> --
> Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
> Preferisco formati liberi.
> Please try to avoid to send me  .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg files.
> I prefer free formats.
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format
>
> Ivan Marchesini
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
> University of Perugia
> Via G. Duranti 93/a
> 06125
> Perugia (Italy)
> e-mail: marchesini at unipg.it
>         ivan.marchesini at gmail.com
> tel: +39(0)755853760
> fax (university): +39(0)755853756
> fax (home): +39(0)5782830887
> jabber: geoivan73 at jabber.org

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows 95 from
my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged by
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.