[GRASS-user] [off-topic] spoke too soon

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Oct 3 14:17:12 EDT 2007

Good stuff

All the palettes are available in GMT color format, which is just plain
ASCII and very similar to GRASS' own colour rule files in the 'cols'
database elements. The only major difference seems to be three
additional lines at the end of the file specifying colours for
foreground, background and no data areas which could simply be
discarded.

So how about adding an option cpt=filename to r.colors, to set the
color rules for a raster map from a GMT ASCII file?

The best of these styles could still be hardcoded into r.colors'
database.

Benjamin

P.S.: Some of these palettes actually have licenses attached to them.
What sort of a world do we live in that requires the most trivial
things to be licensed? Come on people, you can give _some_ things to
the public domain w/o conditions ...

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik