[GRASS-user] Re: PS Labels display in wrong place

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 4 18:55:46 EDT 2007

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 02:45:05 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] PS Labels display in wrong place
> To: Richard Chirgwin <rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au>
> Cc: grassuser at grass.itc.it
>
> Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>

>> > I have created a PS labels file using v.label
>> >
>> > The outputs look like this:
>> > east: 150.934600
>> > north: -33.659600
>> > xoffset: 0
>> > yoffset: 0
>> > ref: center
>> > font: helvetica
>> > color: black
>> > size: 100
>> > width: 1
>> > hcolor: none
>> > hwidth: 0
>> > background: none
>> > border: none
>> > opaque: yes
>> > text: ANNANGROVE
>> >
>> > The problem is that all of the labels display in the same place; any
>> > suggestions?
>>

> what version of GRASS? If 6.3-cvs, how old?
>
> Are you displaying it with the gis.m GIS manager?
>
> Does it display properly with d.labels in an xmon?
>
> Are all the labels within the same degree x degree? (the bits after the decimal
> point might be getting lost)
>

> Hamish

Hamish,

1) Version: both 6.2 and 6.3-cvs (using the version currently offered at
William K's site) show the same symptoms.
2) Yes, I am displaying it in gis.m.
3) No, in d.labels the file does not display at all.
4) Yes - the labels cover Sydney city. The region is about 1.5 degrees
in both X and Y.

Let's assume that I'm losing the decimal points: is there a fix?

Richard