[GRASS-user] Re: PS Labels display in wrong place

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 21:25:58 EDT 2007

..
..
> 2) Yes, I am displaying it in gis.m.
> 3) No, in d.labels the file does not display at all.

you need to do something like:
d.mon x0
g.region vect=yourmap
d.vect yourmap
d.labels labelfile

the xmons won't automatically zoom to your data like the GIS.m display manager
will.

> 4) Yes - the labels cover Sydney city. The region is about 1.5 degrees
> in both X and Y.

and it's a lat/lon region, with the map in the same coordinate system, right?
g.region -p  or   g.proj -p

> Let's assume that I'm losing the decimal points: is there a fix?

sure, if it is that it is probably pretty simple to fix. but it takes someone
who knows (or is willing to learn) Tcl/Tk to find it.

Hamish