[GRASS-user] Re: PS Labels display in wrong place

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Oct 6 12:45:01 EDT 2007

I tracked this down and fixed it I think. It's now in the CVS.

I switched the label parsing algorithm from regexp to use a list structure.
So now it deals better with coordinate values that have numbers to the right
of the decimal place.

The new parsing also revealed some hidden bugs in background and outline
color settings that I also fixed.

Michael

On 10/5/07 6:25 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ..
> ..
>> 2) Yes, I am displaying it in gis.m.
>> 3) No, in d.labels the file does not display at all.
>
> you need to do something like:
> d.mon x0
> g.region vect=yourmap
> d.vect yourmap
> d.labels labelfile
>
> the xmons won't automatically zoom to your data like the GIS.m display manager
> will.
>
>> 4) Yes - the labels cover Sydney city. The region is about 1.5 degrees
>> in both X and Y.
>
> and it's a lat/lon region, with the map in the same coordinate system, right?
> g.region -p  or   g.proj -p
>

>> Let's assume that I'm losing the decimal points: is there a fix?
>
> sure, if it is that it is probably pretty simple to fix. but it takes someone
> who knows (or is willing to learn) Tcl/Tk to find it.
>

> Hamish

> ______
> news, photos & more.

Director of Graduate Studies