[GRASS-user] Re: r.in.gdal broken on Cygwin

cheg01 at comcast.net cheg01 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 23:20:15 EDT 2007

More info:
gdb gives the following error on running r.in.gdal:

>>run
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000135 at 0x7c964ed1

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.

Program exited with code 030000000465.
You can't do that without a process to debug.

Internet search indicates that this is a windows error code that it cannot find or load required dll files for the program. I have tried loading LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH with all of the correct locations in both cygwin startup and in windows environment variables without success.

Possible related issue: ldd shows r.in.gdal has a dependence on libgrass_gis.6.0.0.dll even though I am running grass 5.4.1. I tried creating a symlink from grass_gis.dll to grass_gis.6.0.0.dll but that did not fix it. It also shows a few other version-specific dependencies.

From: cheg01 at comcast.net