[GRASS-user] configure no longer finds opengl

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:06:41 EDT 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:45:32 -0700 (PDT),
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

> Is the libgl1-mesa-dev package installed? It provides that.

Yes, it's installed, but I see something strange occurring.  I'm aware of
apt-file (I love it!), but found that it only installed the following
files (checking through synaptic):

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      22k Aug  9 12:08 /usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dev/copyright
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      14k Aug 28 05:11 /usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dev/changelog.Debian.gz

despite apt-file telling me that libgl1-mesa-dev provides libGL.so for
unstable.  I can only guess that nvidia-glx might have manipulated this,
and given libGL.so.1 only instead.

> In general you can check the control file in DebianGIS SVN to see what
> packages are needed to build GRASS with the latest Debian/unstable:
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/grass/trunk/debian/?rev=0&sc=0

Thank you, I wish I knew about this before!

--
Seb