[GRASS-user] configure no longer finds opengl

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 02:38:10 EDT 2007

Seb wrote:
> Yes, it's installed, but I see something strange occurring.  I'm aware
> of apt-file (I love it!), but found that it only installed the following
> files (checking through synaptic):
..
> despite apt-file telling me that libgl1-mesa-dev provides libGL.so for
> unstable.

what do these show:

$ dpkg -L libgl1-mesa-dev
$ locate libGL.so
$ ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so

> I can only guess that nvidia-glx might have manipulated this, and given
> libGL.so.1 only instead.

AFAIK one debian package Will Not play tricks with another package's
files. No two packages can contain the same file without conflicting with
each other.

> > In general you can check the control file in DebianGIS SVN to see what
..
> Thank you, I wish I knew about this before!

see also the DebianGIS wiki:
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis

Hamish