[GRASS-user] r.stats changes between grass5 and grass6

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Tue Oct 9 23:05:44 EDT 2007

I've recently returned to grass after a while of not needing to do that sort
of analysis and found the analysis I previously did no longer works.

I downloaded and installed the latest stable version of grass and processes
similar to those I have run over different data in grass5.

r.stats -a for a Latitude-Longitude location gave the area in square meters in
grass5, but appears to the area is square degrees in grass6.

Is there a way of getting area in square meters from r.stats in grass6?

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

By the turn of this century, we will live in a paperless society
-- Roger Smith, chairman of General Motors, 1986