[GRASS-user] Seismic Hazard Mapping anyone?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Oct 10 14:32:05 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 10:42 -0700, Moskovitz, Bob wrote:
> Hello GRASSusers,
>
> I'm interested in seeing if anyone is using GRASS in the area of
> liquefaction and landslide hazards (or better yet, earthquake induced
> landslide hazard) mapping?

I developed a probabilistic landslide model for the southern East Bay
hills (Fremont, Union City, Milpitas) several years ago (not EQ
induced).  I lost it and a lot of other code in a disk failure and lack
of recent backups (my bad), but I could recreate a good portion of it
from memory.

I have not attempted liquefaction, yet.

You may also want to try to obtain old HAZUS (pre HAZUS-MH) software for
GRASS 5.x.  They no longer update or support GRASS and aside from
developers, my experience has been that FEMA is generally clueless.
USGS may also share their models as they do not use HAZUS.

> Regards,
> Bob
> Bob Moskovitz
> Seismic Hazard Zonation Project
> California Geological Survey
> http://www.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/shzp
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message
> contains information from the State of California, California
> Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt
> from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic
> Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited.

FYI, the notice is not terribly appropriate for a public (archived)
mailing list.  There is no implicit or implied privacy here.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>