[GRASS-user] Export of GeoTIFF

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 03:19:55 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> r.out.gdal also can create a world file.
>
> Again, quoting from the manual, this time for r.out.gdal...
>
> When writing out GeoTIFF format for users of ESRI software or ImageMagick,
> the band interleaving should be switched to pixel interleaving using
> createopt="INTERLEAVE=PIXEL". Multiple options have to be specified as comma
> separated list (createopt=TFW=YES,COMPRESS=DEFLATE).

r.out.gdal (.c) help page now updated in 6.3CVS to expand on that a little and
add a ESRI-compatible GeoTIFF example.   ... now if someone who uses ArcGIS 9
could please test to see if the example works & report back? :)

Is deflate compression ok for all versions of Arc? We might add that to the
example. (I assume versions of Arc which have come out since the LZW patent
expired allow that, but we might as well keep the example compatible with)

How about r.out.gdal export to binary AAIGrid format? Is that usable+useful?

Hamish