[GRASS-user] Fixing the error: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North

Rick Reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 11 12:58:03 EDT 2007

Hello:

I'm running GRASS 6.2 on Ubuntu Linux, supported by GDAL 1.4 utilities.
And I'm importing raster images in tif format (exported from ArcMap as TIF
files) using r.in.gdal, into a location created by manually entering the
bounding
coordinates and projection parameters. The bounding lat/long coordinates
contain the boundaries of the image that I am importing. The 'override
projection'
option is set.

When I press the Run button on the r.in.gdal dialog, the error occurs:

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(19479,1): G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North.

 From searching the lists for a solution, I dont see much that is of
help, but there
are some hints that this might be a software version conflict of some type.

Does anyone have any insight or a fix for this error? I have also seen the
error when trying to create a new location using the a geo-referenced
tif file.

Thanks for any assistance,
Rick Reeves
NCEAS