[GRASS-user] azimuth of lines with v.to.db?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Oct 14 06:46:26 EDT 2007

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> I think I already asked this, but without much success, so here is:
> can I use v.to.db to get the azimuth of a line? I am thinking in
> lineament analysis, so it's a simple line, just two end vertices.

Maybe v.distance opt=to_angle? I'm saying "maybe", because
I'm not sure if I understand the description:

"to_angle: angle of linear feature in nearest point,
counterclockwise from positive x axis, in radians, which is
between -PI and PI inclusive"

Anybody knows what is "angle of linear feature in nearest
point" supposed to mean?

BTW - another thing I don't understand in v.distance is the
to_along option: "to_along: distance to the nearest point on
'from' feature along linear feature". Anybody knows if the
"linear feature" is supposed to be present in vector "from"
or vector "to"?

Maciek