[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Cairo monitor driver

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:01:06 EDT 2007

It works quite nicely!!

Nice pngs, nice pdfs. takes a while to generate the pdf, file size is
a bit big, but it is good!
I like it. with some adjustments, we can have easy pdf maps!

good work!

Carlos

On 10/16/07, Lars Ahlzen <lars at ahlzen.com> wrote:
> Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> > Can you give some examples of the usage? (not the final product, but
> > the commands)
> >
> > thanks
>
> Sure... the usage is virtually identical to other drivers like the X or
> PNG drivers.
>
> For example, you may start GRASS with everyone's favorite South Dakotan
> dataset, set up the environment and start a monitor. Then use the
> standard GRASS drawing commands to draw, and finally close the monitor,
> which will output the result to a file.
>
> Here's a very simple example:
>
> lars at saturn ~ $ grass63
> Welcome to GRASS 6.3.cvs (2007)
> GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
> This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
> Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
> See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
> Start the graphical user interface with: gis.m
> When ready to quit enter:                exit
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.mon -l
> name            description
> ----            -----------
> PNG             Create PNG Map
> png1            Create PNG Map
> ps7             Create PS Map
> CAIRO           Create Cairo Map
> cairo1          Create Cairo Map
> cairo2          Create Cairo Map
> cairo3          Create Cairo Map
> cairo4          Create Cairo Map
> cairo5          Create Cairo Map
> cairo6          Create Cairo Map
> cairo7          Create Cairo Map
> x0              X-windows graphics display
> x1              X-windows graphics display
> x7              X-windows graphics display
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > export GRASS_TRUECOLOR=TRUE
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > export GRASS_CAIROFILE=spearfish.png
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > export GRASS_WIDTH=1000
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > export GRASS_HEIGHT=1000
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.mon start=CAIRO
> CAIRO: collecting to file: spearfish.png
> GRASS_WIDTH=1000, GRASS_HEIGHT=1000
> Graphics driver [CAIRO] started
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.rast map=elevation.10m
>   100%
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.vect map=streams width=1 color=blue
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.vect map=roads width=2
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > d.mon stop=CAIRO
> Monitor 'CAIRO' terminated
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > ls *.png
> spearfish.png
>
> / Lars
>
> --
> Lars Ahlzen
> lars at ahlzen.com

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.