[GRASS-user] r.to.vect peculiarity

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Oct 26 17:27:47 EDT 2007

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> > run make distclean before re-compilation...
>
> I did run make distclean before svn update;.configure;make;make install

"cvs update", right?

> but is it normal that
> cvs server: Updating grass6/visualization/xganim
> cvs server: Updating grass6/visualization/xganim/bitmaps
> cvs server: Updating grass6/visualization/ximgview
>
> appears also when I execute 'cvs update -dP grass6' a second time?

Yes. FWIW, I normally use:

	cvs update 2>&1 | fgrep -v 'cvs server: Updating '

so that important messages aren't lost amongst the noise.

> I thought it just tells me that no updates are available after the second try.
>
> Perhaps it is a local problem, I might give it a try to update in a fresh
> folder and copy all my modules into this new grass6 folder.

The fact that the --help output says:

> > >    output   Name for output raster3d map

indicates that the r.to.vect module was compiled with a different
version of gis.h than was used for libgis.

This usually means that one of the two has been recompiled after an
update while the other hasn't, but it can also occur if compilation
uses an installed version of gis.h rather than the local copy.

It's also conceivable that it could end up using an old version of
libgis via GDAL, although I have no confirmation of this happening in
practice.