[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Sep 4 00:33:44 EDT 2007

Yea. TclTk (at least the packages we use) doesn't have any good built in
printing routines. I wrote one that is included in the GUI, but it needs
ghostscript to translate from the native postscript of the canvas into print
output.

Michael

On 9/3/07 8:57 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> Ah.  Another one to work on bundling in my binaries.
>
> On Sep 3, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> Ghostscript is also used by the GUI if available to allow direct
>> printing
>> from a map display.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> On 9/3/07 8:46 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There are a few extras in one or the other:
>>>
>>> - Lorenzo includes ghostscript, for printing and creating ps output
>>> it looks like.  I don't know how much better that that is than using
>>> builtin GRASS methods for generating postscript.
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
> particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
> over. That is my duty."
>
> "Don't you even hate 'em?"
>
> "What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people
> of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating
> the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."
>
> <Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."
>
> - Tarzan, on war

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University