[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 4 00:59:21 EDT 2007

I got to thinking about the GS license (it's GPL now) and I'll either
have to make it a separate download or find an existing Mac binary,
or maybe use an older AFPL GS.  Maybe there's an equivalent in the
system somewhere - it already uses CUPS for printing, maybe there's a
CLI postscript renderer...

Is your GUI printing use of GS the only thing in GRASS that uses it?
Does it generate an image, or print-ready postscript?

On Sep 3, 2007, at 11:33 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Yea. TclTk (at least the packages we use) doesn't have any good
> built in
> printing routines. I wrote one that is included in the GUI, but it
> needs
> ghostscript to translate from the native postscript of the canvas
> into print
> output.
>
> Michael
>

> On 9/3/07 8:57 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ah.  Another one to work on bundling in my binaries.
>>
>> On Sep 3, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>>> Ghostscript is also used by the GUI if available to allow direct
>>> printing
>>> from a map display.
>>>
>>> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy