[GRASS-user] finding bounding box of polygons

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 30 21:33:05 EDT 2007

The following command
 ogrinfo -al -where 'CNTRY_NAME=GERMANY' SubNationalboundaries.shp

gets me all the attributes for Germany in the shapefile. This includes a POLYGON attribute for each subnational unit with a bunch of lat-long values, but does not, as far as I can tell, get me a bounding box.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Jerry