[GRASS-user] Question about MODIS band 5 destriping?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 9 08:26:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Dear MODIS-experts,
>
>  I attempted to de-stripe a MODIS band 5 (periodic striping) with FFT and

Which data do you use here (just curious)? The raw bands?

>  manual masking in the frequency domain (as explained in Introductory
>  Digital Image Processing, Jensen & the 2nd GRASS-book, Neteler &
>  Mitasova).
>
>  I am not really satisfied with my results. Is there another de-striping
>  method through GRASS?
>
>  (I did not try with "donut" filters in the frequency domain yet
>  anything).

I think that the strange i.fft file format is an obstacle here. AFAIK it
is not saved as "normal" raster file which limits the possibilities to
elaborate. Maybe I am wrong, don't quite remember well..

Markus