[GRASS-user] Question about MODIS band 5 destriping?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 9 12:11:30 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I think that the strange i.fft file format is an obstacle here. AFAIK it
> is not saved as "normal" raster file which limits the possibilities to
> elaborate. Maybe I am wrong, don't quite remember well..

No, you're quite correct.

i.ifft ignores the actual input map, reading the data from the fftreal
and fftimag files created by i.ifft. So you can't modify the i.fft
output with e.g. r.mapcalc than use i.ifft on the result. The only
modification which can be performed on the FFT data is masking; i.ifft
reads the mask separately and applies it to the data.