[GRASS-user] Orthorectification of Historic Aerial Photographs

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 10 14:46:11 EDT 2008

>May it be a stupid suggestion, but did you try to contact anyone at the
>USGS ? perhaps they maintain data from these old times... (here in
>France IGN is always helpful, and can provide answers to such historical
>requests)
>
>Vincent.

Similarly in Canada, provincial Department of Natural Resources frequently
maintain documents from the original flight transects, sometimes going back
several decades. I've managed to recover much aerial photo detail by contacting
these agencies, including fiducial mark coordinates, camera make and focal length,
aircraft altitude, lens type, etc.

It's probably just a matter of tracking down the right federal agency to contact.

~ Eric.