[GRASS-user] Orthorectification of Historic Aerial Photographs

Shaun & Melissa Busler buslers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:16:18 EDT 2008

I wish the same was the case for the US for this period of aerial photos.  I
have tracked down the location of the photos to the National Archives and
they do not have the calibration reports.  Prior to the archives the USDA
was responsible for the photos; however, they sent "everything" they had to
the Archives.  The USGS could provide me a calibration report if I knew the
type of camera or serial number of the camera lens, but I do not have that
either.  I even tried talking to the contractor who took the photos since
they are still around, but they do not have any files prior to the 1970's.

The records get better after the early 1940's.  For some reason, they do not
have any information for these early aerial photos.

Thanks!

Shaun