[GRASS-user] Hi everyone,

Ferhat Kaya ferhatkaya at att.net
Thu Apr 10 18:43:36 EDT 2008

hi everyone,

I am a first time Grass user. Grass looks like a detail software for
me, because of I am  a physical anthropologist not a geologist or
geographer. I have a vertebrate fossil site and I am trying to
digitize (3D visualization) the site by Grass. I have tiff and jpg
extension of the maps. Can I use these files as a base or layer to
digitize the map, can I import it to the Grass. I am really an
amateur  for Grass and GIS. I'll be a happy anthropologist :) if I can
get some practical and basic advice from you guys.

thanks a lot,
Ferhat Kaya
Human Evolution Research Center
3101 VLSB, UC Berkeley, CA, 94720