[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 24, Issue 36

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Apr 18 00:30:11 EDT 2008

This originally pointed to the directory specified in the variable
PROJ_SHARE, that was supposed to be set at compile time. It should not point
to root unless PROJ_SHARE is not set. This is because the EPSG data file is
in different locales on different platforms.

Michael

On 4/17/08 3:30 PM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:30:19 +0200
> From: "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Command completion in wxpython-GUI: is it
> possible(?) + an issue with the EPSG file browser.
> To: "Nikos Alexandris" <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>
> Cc: grass-user <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> 2008/4/17, Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>:
>> Dear wxpython developers,
>>
>>  is it possible to add command completion in the new GRASS-GUI?
>
> sure, one of TODO's:-)
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxPython-based_GUI_for_GRASS#Roadmap
>
>>  Another issue with the "location wizard":
>>
>>  location wizard > next> select EPSG code of coordinate system > Browse:
>>  in the "choose EPSG codes file" window the browser refuses to show all
>>  files in the directory /usr/share/proj as instructed.
>>
>>  Manual typing epsg works fine and I can read the epsg file.
>
> now fixed in trunk,
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/31026
>
> Originally file dialog pointed to 'root directory', but anyway I
> figured out that loading other files then 'epsg' fails, since slightly
> different file structure. I will try to fix it ASAP.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *

Director of Graduate Studies