[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-GUI] Hi all

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:12:35 EDT 2008

[CC: grass-user]

Hi Walter,

2008/4/28 Walter Simonazzi <ugis08 at gmail.com>:
> I have some questions and I would be happy if someone can comment something
> regarding this. In the process of the development of GRASS 7, the GUI will
> remains as it is in the version 6.3 (or with minor changes)?, or the

Yes, I think so (wxGUI), there will be changes for sure (GRASS 6.4 and
GRASS 7.x), but the base GUI components remains. In the roadmap are
significantly important NVIZ replacement and cartography tools.

> develpers are thinking in how to improve the usability of the application?,

Sure, the input from users is more than fundamental... I do not use
GRASS for real work so much.

> and moreover, what do you think (at least you Martin :-)) about the
> usability of the actual GRASS comparing to others GIS?

Since I don't know any other (proprietary) GIS so much (in the past I
met ESRI and MapInfo products) I hesitate to answer;-)

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *