[GRASS-user] GRASS raster legends in QGIS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 28 11:55:43 EDT 2008

Roy,

same problem here with QGIS 0.9.1: no raster legend. I tried with the raster
map "landuse96_28m" which is categorical (NC OSGeo data set).

gdalinfo ~/grassdata/nc_spm_06/PERMANENT/cellhd/landuse96_28m
... reports a color table of 22 colors, so categories seem to be there.

Could you post it as bug to:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/wiki
?

thanks
Markus

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Roy Sanderson
<r.a.sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I'd be grateful if anyone can advise me what I'm doing wrong when trying
>  to display a GRASS raster thematic map in QGIS.  The legend panel in the
>  left screen only shows the name of the map, not the individual
>  categories, whilst when clicking on the map itself the raster value
>  associated with a particular cell is shown in a popup window, but not
>  the category name.  Problem arises whether or not QGIS is started at the
>  GRASS prompt or outside of GRASS.  Otherwise seems to behave without
>  problems, and no error messages displayed.  Running GRASS 6.2.2 and QGIS
>  0.9 on Ubuntu 7.04.
>
>  Many thanks
>  Roy
>

>  --
>  Roy Sanderson
>  Institute for Research on Environment and Sustainability (IRES)
>  Devonshire Building
>  Newcastle University
>  Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
>  r.a.sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk