[GRASS-user] Compiling addons from svn repository

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 1 06:05:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 11:58 +0200, Eduardo corbelle wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I would like to install an add-on for GRASS 6.3.1 called i.pr that
> appears to be available on the svn repository. I never used the svn
> repository so I find it a bit challenging (I cannot fully understand
> the instructions on
> http://www.hpcc.nectec.or.th/grass/download/addons.php). Could anyone
> tell me which code should I write at the bash in order to download and
> compile the add-on? (any detailed link would do).
[...]

Assuming you have a working grass installation and you have downloaded the grass-addons, enter the grass-addon directory of you interest (for example if you want to install i.pr):
cd /your-path/grass-addons/imagery/i.pr/

Next you have to point "make" to the GRASS installation directory (not the source!), something like:
make MODULE_TOPDIR=usr/local/grass-6.4.svn

Finally you have to re-run "sudo make install" from within the GRASS-source directory.

That should do it.
Greets, Nikos

P.S. I can't get i.pr working. I've read the help files and the tried the example commands but I always get a Black image when I run i.pr_training. If you have any success could you please post an example?