[GRASS-user] exporting raster map to another projection

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:29:14 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I have a a mapset on Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area projection,
and I would like to export my raster maps to another projection
(Lat/Long - WSG84 datum). I need to export my maps to
ASC format. Need I to reproject my maps first or can I
change the projection during the export?

By the way, I am running native wingrass 6.3.0 under windows/XP.

Cheers

miltinho astronauta
brazil

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
65535           |
 |   Data Type:
CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:
11882                                                      |
 |   Columns:
9341                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:
110989762                                                  |
 |        Projection: Lambert Azimuthal Equal
Area                            |
 |            N:    6443500    S:   -5438500   Res:
1000                     |
 |            E:    4985500    W:   -4355500   Res:
1000                     |
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max =
65535                                   |

 |   Data
 |    generated by
r.in.bin                                                   |