[GRASS-user] r.carve stalling or not working properly...

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:30:31 EDT 2008

I'm trying to use r.carve for the very first time, but I can't make it
work as it stalls even with not so big region settings, and common
stream network density.
In case a restric the region to a narrower area, after a long time the
work seems done, but the resulting DEM appears carved only at few
sparse locations...
Any hints?

The command (on grass 6.4.svn, Ubuntu 8.04, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T7300 at 2.00GHz, 2GB RAM):
r.carve rast=dem50_affossato_zonaSW at CRA vect=strsard1 at CRA
output=dem50_affossato_zonaSW_done depth=3

image of region:
http://www.geospatial.it/allegri/r.carve.png

Region:
north:      4332764.49417744