[GRASS-user] grass6.4.svn revision32686: failed to compile r.terraflow and nviz2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 12 11:45:41 EDT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 2:23 AM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:21:19 +0200
> From: "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] grass6.4.svn revision32686: failed to
> 	compile	r.terraflow and nviz2
> To: "G. Allegri" <giohappy at gmail.com>
> Cc: grassuser <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> 2008/8/12 G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com>:
>
>> neither r.terraflow nor nviz2.
>
>> From the error log, it seems to me that nviz library name is missing,
> re-run configure script to fix it.
>
> Martin

Maybe do a make clean or make distclean before compiling.

I just did an update (r32709) and compile for svn develbranch_6 (GRASS
6.4) with no problems for r.terraflow. I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.5.4

The new nviz (nviz2) has never compiled on Mac. Martin is working out
the basic functionality of this brand new wxPython replacement for
NVIZ. It compiles on at least some Linux systems, but may not compile
on all. I've not heard reports from anyone trying to compile this
under Windows yet.

Michael